Bringing specialist facilities management expertise to your academy
Your academy’s buildings and grounds provide the space in which pupils can thrive. But creating the very best physical learning environment requires specialist expertise in facilities management.
Our team of experienced, qualified facilities management experts can help you manage, maintain and improve every aspect of your academy’s buildings and grounds.
- Shift the burden of facilities management onto our specialists
- Provide the best possible learning environment
- Save money on key services like cleaning and catering
Academy facilities management services
We do not provide outsourced facilities management services direct to academies. Instead, we act on an advisory basis, offering assistance and consultancy to help you make good decisions when appointing and working with contractors.
We also offer advice direct to your team. We’re only a phone call away when you need to know how to handle a problem with your building or an issue in the kitchens.
These are some of the areas in which we can help. Our services are flexible, so please contact us for full details.
- Cleaning and caretaking: choosing the best tender for cleaning services; managing contracts; liaising with cleaning contractors; resolving problems; advice on employing caretakers; assistance choosing equipment and machinery.
- Catering: commissioning central catering agreements; monitoring your catering supplier; kitchen improvement and maintenance advice; promoting healthy eating; administering and monitoring free school meals; kitchen inspections.
- Environmental services: advising on maintenance contracts; arranging purchasing of trees and shrubs; playing field layout; herbicide guidance and use; tree impact assessments; tree surveying and labelling; tree and ditch maintenance.
Health and safety in your academy
It’s vital your academy provides an environment in which pupils can thrive, learn and develop safely. Implementing effective health and safety procedures and policies is key to that – and with Ofsted placing a greater emphasis on the safety of learning environments in 2012, it may pay to seek expert assistance.
Our health and safety services for academies can provide advice and resources to help you deal with health and safety issues in every area. These can include premises and grounds management, every curriculum area, fire precautions, security and safeguarding playgrounds, play equipment and swimming pools.
Using our health and safety services will also help meet your obligation under the Health and Safety at Work Act to appoint someone to provide competent health and safety advice.
- Get practical advice from our experienced health and safety experts. You can contact them online and on the phone.
- Download sample risk assessments, policies and procedures to adapt and use in your academy.
- Access online health and safety guidance and support, to ensure you're providing a safe learning environment.
- Attend specialist health and safety training courses which can impart key knowledge to your staff.
We can also offer on-site health and safety support for your academy. This may include health and safety audits, help developing procedures, assistance with inspections and tailored training courses for your staff.
Contact us to discuss your academy’s health and safety requirements >>