With Ofsted’s 2012 framework placing a greater emphasis on the quality of leadership, it is important your school governing body is working effectively towards its vision.
From training to recruitment support, we'll help your school governing body create an environment in which staff and students can achieve their potential. We can:
- Show school governing bodies how to improve their performance
- Help individual governors get to grips with their roles
- Foster a culture of accountability in your school governing body
Helping your school governing body understand its role
Being part of a school governing body can be incredibly rewarding. But with a range of statutory responsibilities and strategic aims to meet, plus day-to-day paperwork and admin, it can also be a real challenge, especially at the start.
We'll help every member of your school governing body meet those challenges. We can demonstrate how to determine priorities and focus on the most important things, using good teamwork to succeed. We’ll also keep your team updated as responsibilities and requirements shift, ensuring you follow a clear route and make reasoned decisions.
School governing body training programme
If your school governing body opts for our governor training programme, you will receive access to:
- Good governance guides to help governors work effectively.
- A tailored welcome pack to get new governors settled in to their roles.
- Model standing orders so you don’t have to write them from scratch.
- A training skills audit to establish the needs of your school governing body.
- Course presentations and handouts for reference.
Clerk to governing body guidance
The role of clerk to governing body is vital. We can provide the guidance and support the clerk to governing body in your school requires, ensuring they perform their key role with confidence.
We can also offer clerking services, freeing up your school governing body to focus on its core responsibilities.